CAPTIVATE aims to:
- further the development of learning pathways for students and staff
- extend the range of performance opportunities through the establishment of ensembles catering to a range of abilities, talents and interests
- offer, where needed, performing arts classes to develop professional skills to an industry standard
- collaborate with schools, parishes and their communities, to develop a range of innovative, creative and performing arts projects and programs
- open to all students K-12
- seeking integration with local parish life
- seeking close alignment with teachers’ work in the classroom
- taking a community lead in building creative and performing arts capacity in western Sydney
- actively engaging with the professional performing and creative arts industry across all genres and arts forms
How does CAPTIVATE work?
- provides regular rehearsals and workshops with industry professionals
- allows all students to be involved in an inclusive combined ensemble
- fosters and develops existing talent through leading top practice ensembles
- offers performance opportunities, both school-based and external for individuals and ensembles to be showcased in western Sydney
- promotes and showcases the performing arts achievements of individual schools and individual students within schools to audiences within and beyond western Sydney.