Catholic Trade Training Centres
Get a head start in your career and get your HSC
There are two Catholic Trade Training Centres (CTTCs) in our diocese located at McCarthy Catholic College, Emu Plains and Loyola Senior High School, Mt Druitt which are open to all Year 11 students and offer them the opportunity to:
- complete Years 11 and 12 in a Catholic school
- attain the Higher School Certificate which will enhance career options in the future
- undertake industry training and the opportunity for paid work with a workplace mentor
- learn with greater flexibility and relevance with a timetable that consists of work, trade training and HSC study
- learn in state-of-the-art facilities
- develop essential employability skills and
- achieve outcomes towards a Certificate III, nationally recognised qualification and complete the equivalent of a first year apprenticeship in:
- Children's Services – Childcare
- Hospitality – Commercial Cookery
- Automotive – Light Vehicle Servicing
- Brick and Block Laying
- Engineering – Metal Fabrication
Expressions of interest being taken in other trade areas including Plumbing, Landscaping and Beauty, or speak with the CTTCs about other trade options.
Both CTTCs are conveniently located within walking distance to railway stations and are accessible by bus.
Catholic Trade Training Centres are NOW ENROLLING for students commencing Year 11 in 2014. For more information on how to enrol phone 9407 7065.