Graduate Recruitment Program
We know how important teachers are in making a difference to students’ learning.
A passionate dedicated teacher can make a difference to children’s lives and lay the foundations for building a better world.
This is why Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta is committed to attracting only the best teachers to work in our schools.
How it Works
- the Graduate Recruitment Program is run on an annual basis
- application forms are given out to 4th year university students when staff visit the various campuses or can be downloaded below
- applicants are then short-listed
- short-listed students are contacted for an interview
- upon completion of the interview, successful applicants will be placed on a register which will be forwarded to all schools
- As positions become available within schools, resumes will be forwarded to those schools for consideration.
Criteria & Description
University students selected through our Graduate Recruitment Program have a chance of gaining a teaching position in one of our schools. We will work to find the school that is most appropriate for you.
Graduates from all Sydney metropolitan and regional universities are welcome to apply providing they are willing to work in one of our schools within the Parramatta Diocese.
In selecting recipients for this program the interview panel will consider such things as:
- the applicant’s understanding of the mission of Catholic schools
- what the applicant can offer as a teacher in a Parramatta Diocesan school
- the applicant’s academic results
- the quality of the applicant’s field-based reports and/or evidence of teacher potential
- qualifications or willingness to obtain qualification to teach Religious Education
- referee reports
- the applicant’s ability to articulate an understanding of syllabus documents
- the applicants personal qualities and leadership potential
- whether the applicant could fulfil the specific needs of Catholic schools in the Diocese of Parramatta (e.g. teaching subjects, desire/willingness to teach in areas of teacher shortage, etc.)
For more information on the Graduate Recruitment Program download the Information & Application form below or make a request here.
Child Protection - Working with Children Check
NSW Child Protection legislation requires child-related employers, such as Catholic Education Parramatta, to conduct thorough background and probity checks in relation to those who are entering into paid employment that may involve direct, unsupervised contact with children and young people.
It is therefore necessary for a potential employee of our system of schools to complete and return a Working with Children Check Applicant Declaration and Consent form.
Download application form
Download the brochure
Applications close 22 July 2013