Canvas Learning Management System
Canvas is the world leading Learning Management System (LMS) and provides students and educators in the Diocese of Parramatta with the highest quality online environment to support their learning.
Canvas is currently used across the Diocese of Parramatta to provide high quality learning experiences for schools as well as online courses and professional learning for teaching staff.
Canvas for students
You will be able to access your Canvas courses on the go and in the classroom! From any device, students can:
- view grades and course content
- submit assignments
- keep track of course work with to do list and calendar
- send and receive messages
- post to discussions
- watch videos
- take quizzes
- receive push notifications for new grades and course updates, and much more!
Canvas for teachers
Canvas allows teachers to facilitate courses on the go, both inside and outside the classroom. You will have quick access to three of the most frequent course facilitation tasks for teachers:
- Grading: Browse submissions and provide feedback to your students
- Communicating: Send announcements and messages and participate in course discussions
- Updating: Need to change a due date? Or publish an assignment? Or fix a misspelling? Canvas allows you to update your course content.
Canvas for parents
For parents Canvas provides visibility into your child’s education at a glance. Canvas allows parents to:
- view assignment descriptions and due dates
- set reminders for assignments
- view assignment grades
- view course grades
- set grade alerts
- view course announcements.
Our friendly staff are here to help
The use of Canvas is supported by the Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta Canvas team which extends from school leadership support to custom course design.
If you would like to learn more about what Canvas provides or would like assistance please send us a message.