High Support Learning Centres
Open to students with a moderate intellectual disability, low adaptive functioning and high support needs.
Welcoming students with additional needs
Students with additional needs and their families are very welcome in our schools. An inclusive approach supports the individual needs of each student. It’s all about building confidence, independence and belonging!
We are particularly proud of our three purpose-built, specialised learning centres for students with additional needs.
High Support Centres for Learning
Our High Support Learning Centres at Llandilo (‘Kirinari’), Dundas (‘Wiyanga’) and Marsden Park (‘St Luke’s Arrunga’) provide inclusive education for students with a moderate intellectual disability, low adaptive functioning and high support needs.
Visit our facilities today to learn more.
The learning for students enrolled in our high support needs settings recognises the individual ability of each student and the pace at which they learn.
We work in partnership with families to deliver a personalised and engaging learning program for every student that recognises their abilities, their interests and their skills. Where appropriate, this may also include attendance in some mainstream classes.
We have a team dedicated to supporting families in post-school planning who are experts in developing future pathways for students with a disability.
Alma George - Manager, Diverse Learning Needs
ASPECT satellite classes
We value and support all learners, enrolling students on the Autism spectrum in our mainstream schools. Additionally, there are 11 Aspect satellite classes operating in partnership with our schools. These are Autism-specific classes which are operated and managed by Aspect, Australia’s largest service provider for people on the Autism spectrum.
This partnership enables students to learn in a specialist setting and to participate in a welcoming Catholic community.
Find a school near you with an Aspect class:
- St Patrick’s Primary Blacktown (K-6)
- Gilroy College Castle Hill (satellite class for Years 7-10)
- Trinity Catholic Primary Kemps Creek (K-6)
- Emmaus Catholic College Kemps Creek (satellite class for Years 7-10)
- Our Lady of the Nativity Primary Lawson (K-6)
- St Andrew’s College Marayong (satellite class for Years 7-12)
- St Monica’s Catholic Primary Richmond (K-6)
- St Thomas Aquinas Primary Springwood (K-6)
- St Columba’s Catholic College Springwood (satellite class for Years 7-12)
- St John Paul II Catholic College Schofields (satellite class for Years 7-12)
- St Joseph’s Primary Schofields (K-6)
For more information on Aspect and enrolment into these classes please contact Aspect’s Western Sydney School on (02) 8786 3000 or visit their website.