Research in Schools
Catholic Schools Parramatta Diocese welcomes applications for research that are consistent with our Strategic Intent.
Research is important in providing evidence to inform education policy making and practice.
CSPD is committed to continuous improvement and sees strategic partnerships with, and support for, researchers as an important way of achieving this.
It is important to note that applications should generally already have Ethics Clearance from the Human Research Ethics Committee of the applying organisation prior to submission of the Application Form.
The application process
Approval to conduct research in Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Parramatta requires applicants to complete the application process as follows.
If necessary, contact CSPD to clarify your application prior to submission of the form email@example.com.
- To apply to conduct research in CSPD schools complete the National Application Form
- To assist with your application read the National Application Guidelines
- Send the completed National Application Form with all required attachments and electronic signatures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approvals are granted according to the:
- accuracy and completeness of the application form
- appropriateness and relevance of the research to the CSPD System Direction
- impact on, and benefits to, students, staff, parents, schools and system
- number of applications already being implemented.
- Approval time can be up to 6 weeks from receipt of the form.
- Approved researchers will receive a 'Letter of Approval'.
Researchers will use this permission letter to approach individual school Principals for their approval. The school principal has the final approval for the research to be conducted in their school. The letter of approval may contain conditions of approval to which researchers must adhere.
If you have an enquiry concerning research in schools or the application process please send us a message.